Lets Talk Movies

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

War of the Worlds

More and more of my little blurbs seem to start out with:
"I'm SO over "

One relationship I really don't get is Spielberg/Cruise.

This movie is not supposed to be comedic. Between the down right awful performance by Tom, and the hysterical screaming of Dakota, this movie is barely tolerable.

A dangerous message that comes across clearly in the movie is:
"The aliens will start at the poor sections of town. They will destroy them, but they won't touch the rich sections of town."

The ending is down right awful...and I"m talking about the ending AFTER the proper, traditional ending to the story.

There are some good things..
The effects are very very good. Those aspects are very enjoyable. But overall..I'd have to say that this isn't even a renter. Wait for cable! and skip the pay-per-view.

til next time

Penny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home