Lets Talk Movies

Friday, June 10, 2005

The Longest Yard

Hello

Well, I can honestly say...I LIKED IT! And I admit that I didn't want to..

What the heck happened to original concepts??? Is there no mind agile enough and no studio daring enough to actually put money into a NEW STORY???? sorry.I digress

ok, This movie has its giggles, but for the most part it tracks the orginal very very well complete with some business that involves a lightbulb. (those who have seen the original will know EXACTLY what I"m talking about and well the rest of you..I won't give it away)

so IF I must endure a remake, at least have the respect to pay proper homage to the original. This is done well and with real class in the presence of Burt Reynolds (orignated the character of Paul Crewe, now played by Adam Sandler)

The football game scenes had me going, now I"m a football fan so maybe I had an inside track

All in all..an entertaining picture, and I do recommend it.

bye for now!

Penny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home