Lets Talk Movies

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Mr & Mrs Smith

First let me say up front..I'm so OVER Brad Pitt!

I went to see this on my own because I just think Angelina is hot..no doubt about it. You'd have to be dead between the ears to not think she's hot.

So, the film. The boy/girl sniping got old very quickly. The action scenes were fairly satisfying. The result is a resounding "this film was OK". Just OK.

Now in this case..the film is in a real life setting, not clearly a fantasy as in the Lara Kroft, Tomb Raider series. In these cases
I am always concerned when girls get into martial arts type fights with guys who are equally trained. Ya see I have some martial arts training myself and I KNOW that a trained girl against an equally trained guy is probably gonna lose! Also when you see people take round-house kicks to the face, and stand up and come after more..well that just doesn't happen. The fight is over. The person kicked is not getting up. The same is true with correographed fights where one person, in some sort of work boot, or leather shoe, kickes the other repeatedly in the abdomen...the fight is over. This is particularly true if the kick-ee is a female.

So I worry about the millions of moron American movie viewers. You know who they are. They're the ones who believe that Ah-Nold really IS the terminator, rather than a role created in a writer and actors imagination. They think that this fight stuff is real.

I worry that people, particularly women, will get hurt.

till next time,

Penny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home