Lets Talk Movies

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith

It's here!

And worth waiting for. All the questions are answered. From that standpoint I really enjoyed the movie, very very satisfying.

some comments:

Hayden Christiansen's performance as Anakin/Vader is very flat..but you know that just makes it easier to hate him. And we need to hate him, he becomes so evil as Darth Vader that there must be no room for understanding why he is so damaged, and so filled with hate.

Ewan McGregor's performance as Obi-Wan has mellowed over the series. Thank god, that lousy Alec Guinness voice affectation that he did in the first one was enough to gag a ..well, you know.

Someone has to explain to me why Yoda looked older in part one than he did in part 6, but nevertheless his presence is a strong thread of continuity.

And in retrospect, I wonder why, with all their wisdom, and force driven insight, were Yoda AND Obi-Wan each fooled by their respective padwan's who would go on to become the consumate representation of evil, Darth Sidious and Darth Vader?

So now we await Lucas' tv version. what will it be "young Darth Vader" and do we need that?

I predict that the "I'm not gonna do the remaining 3 movies" line is just a ruse. I believe that yes Lucas may not write direct and produce the remaining films, but I'll bet big money..if I had it...that he WILL create them. He may farm out directorial chores, but they will get made.

Madasgar is next!

til next time..

Penny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home