Lets Talk Movies

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Amityville Horror

WELLLLL

We hadn't gotten to a movie for a long long time..and this was about the only choice worth spending the popcorn bucks on.

Now I had been wondering WHY we needed a remake of a "movie based on real events that turned out to be a fraud", but who am I but a lowly film viewer..so off we go on date night.

Ryan Reynolds does a worthy job..its nice to see him as the star of a film as opposed to the strong side kick which he does very very well. Particularly in Vanilla Sky. (I think I"m the only one who liked that film..in spite of the egotistical dragging development, and the presence of Tom Cruise..it was an ok american version of the Spanish film: Open Your Eyes (Abre los Ojos))

But the film is the tyipcal white folks buy the house, the house is haunted, the parents can't give up the investment and particularly one or the other parent..in this case the dad...and daddy puts the whole family in danger, in spite of the fact that the crap started from day one of moving in, waaayy before dad looses track of his marbles.

I'm SO ready for a GOOD, WELL WRITTEN, WELL DESIGNED horror film..a la Candyman or Exorcist 3 (yes folks, it was a good one..rent it, view it see if I"m not telling the truth)

This weekend bodes the opening of another film that I"ve been waiting a long time for: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. That will no doubt be the next entry here.

till next time..see ya at the movies.

Penny

2 Comments:

  • Hello,

    Thhis is my first time responding to a blog. But since I finally got my eyebrows waxed, I am in the mood for doing things for the first time....
    I loved Vanilla Sky...I don't know that I would enjoy Amityville because I read the book before the first movie came and it was just so-so. The first movie was nothing like the book, so it was worse than so-so. Then the whole thing was fraud, that left a bad taste in my mouth and I don't particulary care to repeat it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:20 AM  

  • I know what you mean...
    I was speaking to a co worker recently who likes his scary movies to be full of "jumpy-outey" things. This film does that VERY well...so I suggested that he would like it.

    If you liked Vanilla Sky..you MUST see "Abre los Ojos"!

    Penny

    By Blogger iCare, at 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home