Lets Talk Movies

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Delightful Little Movies

Happy New Year!

I spent the year enjoying lots of "Oldies but Goodies".

Around Halloween I revisited what I consider to be the compleat ghost story movie: "Ghost Story..featuring an amazing cast list of: Fred Astaire, Douglas Fairbanks Jr., John Houseman, Melvyn Douglas, Patricia Neal and Alice Kreige, and masterfully directed by John Irvin.

Simply an awesome Ghost Story. I recommend it highly.

There is a local cable channel here which features Night Gallery episodes and The Sixth Sense..a Night Gallery spin-off..ah the nostalgia.. I think my first crushes were on David McCalum - The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Patrick McGoohan - The Prisoner, Gary Collins - The Sixth Sense, and Bill Bixby - The Magician. I know this dates me..but well there ya go.

Today I'm sitting doing my favorite thing: The Twilight Zone Marathon..sigh..bliss and contentment.

next entry..Quantum of Solace

2 Comments:

  • Oh, my God! you remember the Magician?! I remember having to fight for TV time to watch that show! OK, Easy Question Number One: What did Bill Bixby drive in the show? A white Chevrolet Corvette. Easy Question Number Two: What was the license plate? "SPIRIT"!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:13 AM  

  • that show caused my obsession with getting into The Magic Castle...I never thought I'd end up being a member!

    By Blogger iCare, at 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home