Lets Talk Movies

Friday, February 10, 2006

Final Destination 3

Boy this one is really IN YOUR FACE! The first installment had an interesting concept. It got downright silly by the end, but that whole "Death's Design" thing was intriguing. The second installment was so downright insipid that I honestly have forgotten everything about it. This one..what a difference.

This one reminds me of the new Showtime series "The Masters of Horror." Its gothic, its graphic and well, I'll never ride Ghost Rider at Knotts, California Screamin' at Disney's California Adventure, or Collossus at 6 flags in the same fearless fashion again.
Oh, and I"ve never had a desire or inclination to use a tanning salon..and that deal is now set in stone.

In this day of feature film remakes of everything from crappy television series to marginal horror films, this one is actually not too bad. It definitely feels like the early days of Freddy Kruger and Michael Meyers. I haven't had to hide my eyes because a scene was too icky for me in a long long time.

It's worth seeing!..btw..so is Masters of Horror - catch it on Showtime!

til next time

Penny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home